Richardson & Cruddas (1972) Ltd. is a Schedule-C CPSE under the administrative control of Ministry of Heavy Industries. It was established in the year 1858 and nationalized by an Act of Parliament in the year 1972. R&C is a heavy engineering compnay and 100% owned by Govt. of India. It is in the business of fabrication of various process equipments meeting the needs of Power Sector, Steel Manufacturing Plants, Railways, Oil & Gas, Fertilizers, Sugar Industries, Atomic Energy, Space, Water & Sewage Treatment Plants transmission line Towers fabrication and galvanising Testing of transmission line towers etc. R&C has four manufacturing units, two located in Mumbai at Byculla and Mulund, one at Nagpur and one at Chennai and three units at client premises at BHEL Hyderabad, Ranipet and Trichy. R&C's corporate office is located at Byculla, Mumbai and has liasoning offices in New Delhi and Kolkata.